What is the difference between Integrated, Alchemy Gridwork, and Manual Execution locations? How can we work with them.

Posted 12 days ago by Akshay

Post a topic
Answered
A
Akshay

I can create a suite in Alchemy by selecting one of three execution locations: Integrated, Alchemy Gridwork, or Manual. Could you please explain how these options differ from each other and how each should be used?

0 Votes

T

TheBugScout posted 12 days ago Best Answer

In Alchemy, you can choose from three execution locations when creating a suite: Integrated, Alchemy Gridwork, and Manual.

Integrated Execution Location: When you choose "Integrated" as the execution location, by default, your suite gets created with an execution package that has Selenium as the provider and with basic default HTML generator, Alchemy Execution Console Integrations along with Integrated Selenium server integration which is actually responsible to setup the Selenium server locally, and allow your suite to be executed on it when you download the suite's .jar file and run it through the command prompt.

Alchemy Gridwork Execution Location: When you choose "Alchemy GridWork" as the execution location, by default, your suite gets created with an execution package that has Alchemy GridWork as the provider and with basic default HTML generator, Alchemy Execution Console Integrations along with Alchemy GridWork integration which is actually responsible to execute your suite on Alchemy Grids,  However, keep in mind that simply adding the Alchemy Gridwork integration is not enough—you must explicitly create the API and secret key from the "Security" tab of the "My Profile" section from Alchemy web,

You can follow these steps to get Api and Secrete key.

1. Navigate to URL and login: https://ui.alchemytesting.cloud/login  

2. Click on My Profile, Click on Security, Click on Create Key button

3. Select application type as Cloud Execution and click on crate.

4 Your Api and Secrete key will get created, you just have to copy and paste it in Alchemy GridWork Integration. 

Additionally, if you check the "Launch UI" checkbox in the Alchemy Gridwork integration, it will open the Alchemy Gridwork UI in the default browser so you can see your tests to be running on alchemy Grid just by selecting view Node option.

Manual Execution Location: When you choose "Manual" as the execution location, by default, your suite neither get created with any default execution package nor include integartion except the basic HTML generator & Alchemy Execution Console Integrations. Here you can then add your own execution package and decide where to execute your suite by choosing the required provider. If you select "Alchemy Gridwork" as the provider, you have to add the related Alchemy integrations (i.e. Alchemy Gridwork integration) Manually. Moreover if you select "Selenium" as the provider, you have to add the related Alchemy integrations (i.e. Integrated Selenium Server integration). However, if you set up your execution package to run your suite on BrowserStack, Perfecto, or Sauce Labs, there is no need to add any additional integration unlike Integrated selenium server and Alchemy GridWork Integartion which we needs to add when selecting Integarted and Alchemy GridWork location, instead you can configure your suite to execute on these platforms directly from the execution package itself just by selecting the required provider and providing the essential details asked.

For BrowserStack, you just have to setup the URL as per your credentials by providing the username and accessKey there.

For SauceLab, you have to provide you userName and accessKey.

This way you can set up your suite to execute on different execution locations.

1 Votes

1 Comments

T

TheBugScout posted 12 days ago Answer

In Alchemy, you can choose from three execution locations when creating a suite: Integrated, Alchemy Gridwork, and Manual.

Integrated Execution Location: When you choose "Integrated" as the execution location, by default, your suite gets created with an execution package that has Selenium as the provider and with basic default HTML generator, Alchemy Execution Console Integrations along with Integrated Selenium server integration which is actually responsible to setup the Selenium server locally, and allow your suite to be executed on it when you download the suite's .jar file and run it through the command prompt.

Alchemy Gridwork Execution Location: When you choose "Alchemy GridWork" as the execution location, by default, your suite gets created with an execution package that has Alchemy GridWork as the provider and with basic default HTML generator, Alchemy Execution Console Integrations along with Alchemy GridWork integration which is actually responsible to execute your suite on Alchemy Grids,  However, keep in mind that simply adding the Alchemy Gridwork integration is not enough—you must explicitly create the API and secret key from the "Security" tab of the "My Profile" section from Alchemy web,

You can follow these steps to get Api and Secrete key.

1. Navigate to URL and login: https://ui.alchemytesting.cloud/login  

2. Click on My Profile, Click on Security, Click on Create Key button

3. Select application type as Cloud Execution and click on crate.

4 Your Api and Secrete key will get created, you just have to copy and paste it in Alchemy GridWork Integration. 

Additionally, if you check the "Launch UI" checkbox in the Alchemy Gridwork integration, it will open the Alchemy Gridwork UI in the default browser so you can see your tests to be running on alchemy Grid just by selecting view Node option.

Manual Execution Location: When you choose "Manual" as the execution location, by default, your suite neither get created with any default execution package nor include integartion except the basic HTML generator & Alchemy Execution Console Integrations. Here you can then add your own execution package and decide where to execute your suite by choosing the required provider. If you select "Alchemy Gridwork" as the provider, you have to add the related Alchemy integrations (i.e. Alchemy Gridwork integration) Manually. Moreover if you select "Selenium" as the provider, you have to add the related Alchemy integrations (i.e. Integrated Selenium Server integration). However, if you set up your execution package to run your suite on BrowserStack, Perfecto, or Sauce Labs, there is no need to add any additional integration unlike Integrated selenium server and Alchemy GridWork Integartion which we needs to add when selecting Integarted and Alchemy GridWork location, instead you can configure your suite to execute on these platforms directly from the execution package itself just by selecting the required provider and providing the essential details asked.

For BrowserStack, you just have to setup the URL as per your credentials by providing the username and accessKey there.

For SauceLab, you have to provide you userName and accessKey.

This way you can set up your suite to execute on different execution locations.

1 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment

© Orasi Software, Inc. | All Rights Reserved.