How can I add a timestamp to a screenshot? Is there any way to do this?

Posted 11 days ago by Akshay

Post a topic
Answered
A
Akshay

I generated the suite executable and ran it through the command prompt, but the suite execution failed because one test in the suite did not pass. I got a screenshot in the HTML report showing exactly where the test failed, but I cannot see a timestamp on the screenshot indicating the date and time. How can I add a timestamp to the screenshot? Is there a way to do this in Alchemy?

0 Votes

T

TheBugScout posted 7 days ago Best Answer

In Alchemy, the captured screenshots do not include a timestamp by default. However, you can add a timestamp to a screenshot by using the Alchemy Image Writer Integration. Here’s how you can do it:

Steps to Add a Timestamp to a Screenshot in Alchemy:

1. Go to the integration section in Alchemy and add the Alchemy Image Writer Integration.

2. Once the integration is added, you can customize properties like font name, font size, and style (e.g., bold or italic).

3. To include a timestamp on the screenshot, use the {{TIMESTAMP}} token in the text field. If you want to add a tag instead, use the {{TAG}} token. You can also use both {{TAG}} and {{TIMESTAMP}} together in the text field if needed.

(In the situation above, since you only need a timestamp, you can use the {{TIMESAMP}} token with the text as shown in the screenshot below, the text is not mandatory, you can just include the token {{TIMESTAMP}} and skip the text If you don't want it. )

6. You can change the background color of the text by specifying the desired color. This change will only take effect if the "background" checkbox is selected. By default, the background color is #FFFFFFCC (white with 80% opacity or 20% transparency). You can choose the background color according to your needs.

7. After configuring the settings, save your changes and generate the executable. Then, run the .jar file through the command prompt.

By following these steps, you can add timestamps and tags to screenshots in Alchemy, making them more informative and useful for debugging and reporting.

0 Votes

1 Comments

T

TheBugScout posted 7 days ago Answer

In Alchemy, the captured screenshots do not include a timestamp by default. However, you can add a timestamp to a screenshot by using the Alchemy Image Writer Integration. Here’s how you can do it:

Steps to Add a Timestamp to a Screenshot in Alchemy:

1. Go to the integration section in Alchemy and add the Alchemy Image Writer Integration.

2. Once the integration is added, you can customize properties like font name, font size, and style (e.g., bold or italic).

3. To include a timestamp on the screenshot, use the {{TIMESTAMP}} token in the text field. If you want to add a tag instead, use the {{TAG}} token. You can also use both {{TAG}} and {{TIMESTAMP}} together in the text field if needed.

(In the situation above, since you only need a timestamp, you can use the {{TIMESAMP}} token with the text as shown in the screenshot below, the text is not mandatory, you can just include the token {{TIMESTAMP}} and skip the text If you don't want it. )

6. You can change the background color of the text by specifying the desired color. This change will only take effect if the "background" checkbox is selected. By default, the background color is #FFFFFFCC (white with 80% opacity or 20% transparency). You can choose the background color according to your needs.

7. After configuring the settings, save your changes and generate the executable. Then, run the .jar file through the command prompt.

By following these steps, you can add timestamps and tags to screenshots in Alchemy, making them more informative and useful for debugging and reporting.

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment

© Orasi Software, Inc. | All Rights Reserved.