I have numerous tests in my suite and don't want to execute all of them at the suite level. Can I choose specific tests to run based on my requirements?

Posted 7 days ago by Sanjay

Post a topic
Answered
S
Sanjay

I have numerous tests in my suite. How can I execute only a few of them and view their HTML reports? 

0 Votes

P

PrasadLangoju posted 6 days ago Best Answer

In Alchemy, you can execute suites according to your requirements using “Command Line Parameters”

Here’s how:

1. Create a suite and add multiple tests to it.

2. Record actions in them.

3. Click on the edit icon of the test.

4. The test information prompt will displayed.

5. Locate the field labelled “Test Tags

6. Enter a specific text/tag in the “Test Tags” field for each test that you want to execute out of the UI.

Enter as many tags as you'd like, separated by commas, in a single test. Then click on the "Ok" button.

7. Add the necessary integrations and execution packages (for Manual Location suites), then save the suite.

8. Generate and build the executables, then download the JAR file.

9. Open the command prompt and navigate to the directory containing the JAR file.

10. Enter java -jar  “nameOfTheSuite.jar”  -h command and press Enter.

11. You will see a list of available command line parameters.

12. To execute tests with specific tags, use the command  java -jar  “nameOfTheSuite.jar”  -t  nameOfTheTestTag  and hit Enter key.

1. Only the tests with the specified tags will be executed.

2. HTML reports will be available only for the tests that were executed.

1 Votes

1 Comments

P

PrasadLangoju posted 6 days ago Answer

In Alchemy, you can execute suites according to your requirements using “Command Line Parameters”

Here’s how:

1. Create a suite and add multiple tests to it.

2. Record actions in them.

3. Click on the edit icon of the test.

4. The test information prompt will displayed.

5. Locate the field labelled “Test Tags

6. Enter a specific text/tag in the “Test Tags” field for each test that you want to execute out of the UI.

Enter as many tags as you'd like, separated by commas, in a single test. Then click on the "Ok" button.

7. Add the necessary integrations and execution packages (for Manual Location suites), then save the suite.

8. Generate and build the executables, then download the JAR file.

9. Open the command prompt and navigate to the directory containing the JAR file.

10. Enter java -jar  “nameOfTheSuite.jar”  -h command and press Enter.

11. You will see a list of available command line parameters.

12. To execute tests with specific tags, use the command  java -jar  “nameOfTheSuite.jar”  -t  nameOfTheTestTag  and hit Enter key.

1. Only the tests with the specified tags will be executed.

2. HTML reports will be available only for the tests that were executed.

1 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment

© Orasi Software, Inc. | All Rights Reserved.