Browser used for execution

Posted about 2 months ago by John

Post a topic
Answered
J
John

We have an entire set of test that is designed to make sure our app works on multiple browsers.   Can I automate some tests with Alchemy and run the test cases on several different browsers?

0 Votes

Mason Lopez

Mason posted about 2 months ago Best Answer

The really short answer is: yes.

The somewhat longer answer is: 

In Alchemy, the entity called an Execution Package defines a group of target (browsers, devices, etc).  Mappings, or "Routers", that indicate where the execution targets are located can be defined inside the execution package(s).  Once configured, all this info can be imported from previous suites.  Parallel execution is also supported, and may be defined in the execution package.

Lastly, since the execution package is part of the compiled suite, at runtime you have full control over which grid, and which browsers within which grid are used in the execution of the suite of tests.  

2 Votes

2 Comments

Sorted by
J

John posted about 1 month ago

Thanks,  I found some documentation on execution packages and routers at https://help.alchemytesting.com.  However, I was getting no results in the search until I dropped down "Authentication" and selected "Alchemy", which is weird.  

0 Votes

Mason Lopez

Mason posted about 2 months ago Answer

The really short answer is: yes.

The somewhat longer answer is: 

In Alchemy, the entity called an Execution Package defines a group of target (browsers, devices, etc).  Mappings, or "Routers", that indicate where the execution targets are located can be defined inside the execution package(s).  Once configured, all this info can be imported from previous suites.  Parallel execution is also supported, and may be defined in the execution package.

Lastly, since the execution package is part of the compiled suite, at runtime you have full control over which grid, and which browsers within which grid are used in the execution of the suite of tests.  

2 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment

© Orasi Software, Inc. | All Rights Reserved.