Configuring a suite to run in the cloud

Posted about 1 month ago by John

Post a topic
Un Answered
J
John

I created a suite for Alchemy Cloud Execution.  Then, I changed the router to Selenium.  The suite would not work until I removed the cloud integration.  Once I had the suite working as I wanted in the local Selenium, I changed the router back to use Alchemy Cloud.  The suite was unable to run, so I added the integration back.  Then it needed an API key and a Secret key.  I couldn't find any way to get the secret key, so I created a new grid and used those keys.   The tests run, but all tests fail.  Does anyone have any idea how to do this?

0 Votes

1 Comments

T

TheBugScout posted 7 days ago

From the above description, I understand that you added the GridWork integration back, but couldn't find a way to get the secret and API key. So, you created a new grid manually and added the grid ID into the Grid ID field. However, unless you add the API and secret key, your suite will not execute on that grid. If you want your suite to execute on the grid whose ID you mentioned in the GridWork integration, you have to manually create the API and secret key.

To do this, navigate to https://my.alchemytesting.com/login and log in with your Alchemy credentials. Then, click on the "My Profile" section and go to the "Secret Key" tab. There, you will find a "Create Key" button. You just have to select the application type as "Cloud Application," create the key, and copy it somewhere, because once you close that prompt, you won't be able to retrieve the secret key again. After that, paste those keys into the GridWork integration and save. Then, generate the .jar file and execute it, which will run your suite on the grid. Make sure that the grid whose ID you are specifying has the nodes added with those browsers that you have included in your execution; otherwise, your test won't execute on those browsers and will fail.

Also, if you do not specify any grid ID in the Grid ID field in the GridWork integration, executing the .jar from the command line will create a new grid and execute your suite on that grid, allowing all tests to execute on the specified browsers.

Thanks!

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment

© Orasi Software, Inc. | All Rights Reserved.