How can I create a copy of a recorded test?

Posted 13 days ago by Akshay

Post a topic
Answered
A
Akshay

I have a recorded test and want to make a copy of it so I can use or modify the new copy without changing the original. 

0 Votes

T

TheBugScout posted 13 days ago Best Answer

Alchemy doesn't have a direct option to copy a test. However, you can create a copy of your test by following these steps: 

1. Open the test you want to copy.

2. Select all the test steps by checking on 'Select All' checkbox if you want to copy the entire test. Alternatively, select only the specific steps you need by selecting their checkboxes.

3. Click on the “Copy” icon.

4 Go to the test list, click the “Add” button to create a new empty test, give it a name, and create it. 

5 Finally, click the "Paste" icon to paste the copied steps into the new test.

6 After clicking the "Paste" icon, you will have the copy of your test.

This way, you can not only create a copy of a test within the same suite but also copy the test to another suite by pasting the steps into a new test there. 

0 Votes

1 Comments

T

TheBugScout posted 13 days ago Answer

Alchemy doesn't have a direct option to copy a test. However, you can create a copy of your test by following these steps: 

1. Open the test you want to copy.

2. Select all the test steps by checking on 'Select All' checkbox if you want to copy the entire test. Alternatively, select only the specific steps you need by selecting their checkboxes.

3. Click on the “Copy” icon.

4 Go to the test list, click the “Add” button to create a new empty test, give it a name, and create it. 

5 Finally, click the "Paste" icon to paste the copied steps into the new test.

6 After clicking the "Paste" icon, you will have the copy of your test.

This way, you can not only create a copy of a test within the same suite but also copy the test to another suite by pasting the steps into a new test there. 

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment

© Orasi Software, Inc. | All Rights Reserved.