How can I invert the result of a step?

Posted 7 days ago by Akshay

Post a topic
Answered
A
Akshay

I have recorded a step to verify that an element is present on the webpage, but I want to validate the opposite (negative) case instead. How can I invert the step result to check if the element is not present?

0 Votes

T

TheBugScout posted 6 days ago Best Answer

Alchemy provides the 'Invert Result' checkbox to invert the result of the step. You can simply do this by clicking the EYE icon on the step and then selecting the Invert Result checkbox.

Doing so will invert the result of the step, meaning if you want to verify that an element is not visible, you can record a test to verify that it is visible and then invert the result of that step by checking the Invert Result checkbox, which will verify that the element is not visible.

Thanks!

0 Votes

1 Comments

T

TheBugScout posted 6 days ago Answer

Alchemy provides the 'Invert Result' checkbox to invert the result of the step. You can simply do this by clicking the EYE icon on the step and then selecting the Invert Result checkbox.

Doing so will invert the result of the step, meaning if you want to verify that an element is not visible, you can record a test to verify that it is visible and then invert the result of that step by checking the Invert Result checkbox, which will verify that the element is not visible.

Thanks!

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment

© Orasi Software, Inc. | All Rights Reserved.