Sometimes I encounter failures in test steps, and during those moments, I want a function to automatically execute for each failed step. How can I configure this in Alchemy?

Posted 6 days ago by Sanjay

Post a topic
Answered
S
Sanjay

I want a function to be executed automatically at every failed step in my test. If this is possible, how can it be configured?

1 Votes

P

PrasadLangoju posted 5 days ago Best Answer

In Alchemy, there is a feature called "Error Handler" that can meet your needs:

1. Record a function you want to execute when a test step fails during test execution.

2. Navigate to the test tab, open the desired test, and click the edit icon to access the test information window.

3. In this window, you'll find a dropdown labelled "Error Handler." Click it to select the appropriate function from the list.

4. Confirm the setup by clicking the "Ok" button.

5. Save the suite and execute the test.

6. Whenever a test step fails, the configured function will be executed, and once completed, the failed step will be re-executed.

1 Votes

1 Comments

P

PrasadLangoju posted 5 days ago Answer

In Alchemy, there is a feature called "Error Handler" that can meet your needs:

1. Record a function you want to execute when a test step fails during test execution.

2. Navigate to the test tab, open the desired test, and click the edit icon to access the test information window.

3. In this window, you'll find a dropdown labelled "Error Handler." Click it to select the appropriate function from the list.

4. Confirm the setup by clicking the "Ok" button.

5. Save the suite and execute the test.

6. Whenever a test step fails, the configured function will be executed, and once completed, the failed step will be re-executed.

1 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment

© Orasi Software, Inc. | All Rights Reserved.