I want to test the stability/consistency by executing the same steps multiple times with the different set of data. How can I achieve this using Alchemy?

Posted 6 days ago by Shekar

Post a topic
Answered
S
Shekar

In my website I have a feature to add a customer by providing the details, I want to test the consistency of this "add customer" functionality by executing the same steps multiple times with the different set of data, How can I achieve this using Alchemy?

0 Votes

T

TheBugScout posted 5 days ago Best Answer

To test the stability of a feature in Alchemy, you can execute the same action multiple times using the same set of data. I understand that you want to verify the consistency of a feature by repeatedly performing the same action with identical data, and Alchemy allows you to do this with both fixed and random data sets.

Here’s how you can achieve this by following these steps:

1. Record the test for the feature you want to verify.

2. Choose the steps you want to repeat by checking their checkboxes. Then, click the "Repeat these steps" option. You will be prompted to create a function.

3. Provide a name for the function and click "Create Function." A new prompt will appear, asking you to select the mode.

4. Choose the loop mode as 'Data' and click the "Confirm Mode" button. This will set up a repeat action in the test to loop through the steps with the loop mode as data.

5. Now, Go to data tab, click on the "Create Data Source" button. A prompt will appear asking you to create the data, here either you can create the synthetic data or csv data source, as you want to test the feature with random data you can choose the type as synthetic. 

You can watch the below video on How create the synthetic data.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1wHPWcw2xU&list=PLf3HoOUP1qC2_b8rls9P4zIWyO8bWHDZE&i

ndex=1

7. Once you are done with synthetic data creation, return to the test and open the data toolbox by clicking the data toolbox toggle. Drag the URL data table reference from the data section and drop it into the repeat action's data table field. Alternatively, you can copy the pointer for that URL variable and paste it directly into the data table field of the repeat action.

8. Now, Go to the "function" tab and open the created function, remove any hardcoded data from the function and refer the table headers. You can drag the table headers from the data section and drop them into the required steps. Alternatively, copy the pointers for the table headers and paste them directly into the required steps.

9. Once everything is set up, save the test and execute it using execute button.

By following these steps, you can efficiently test the consistency and stability of a feature by repeating the same actions with the different set of data in Alchemy.

Thanks!

0 Votes

1 Comments

T

TheBugScout posted 5 days ago Answer

To test the stability of a feature in Alchemy, you can execute the same action multiple times using the same set of data. I understand that you want to verify the consistency of a feature by repeatedly performing the same action with identical data, and Alchemy allows you to do this with both fixed and random data sets.

Here’s how you can achieve this by following these steps:

1. Record the test for the feature you want to verify.

2. Choose the steps you want to repeat by checking their checkboxes. Then, click the "Repeat these steps" option. You will be prompted to create a function.

3. Provide a name for the function and click "Create Function." A new prompt will appear, asking you to select the mode.

4. Choose the loop mode as 'Data' and click the "Confirm Mode" button. This will set up a repeat action in the test to loop through the steps with the loop mode as data.

5. Now, Go to data tab, click on the "Create Data Source" button. A prompt will appear asking you to create the data, here either you can create the synthetic data or csv data source, as you want to test the feature with random data you can choose the type as synthetic. 

You can watch the below video on How create the synthetic data.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1wHPWcw2xU&list=PLf3HoOUP1qC2_b8rls9P4zIWyO8bWHDZE&i

ndex=1

7. Once you are done with synthetic data creation, return to the test and open the data toolbox by clicking the data toolbox toggle. Drag the URL data table reference from the data section and drop it into the repeat action's data table field. Alternatively, you can copy the pointer for that URL variable and paste it directly into the data table field of the repeat action.

8. Now, Go to the "function" tab and open the created function, remove any hardcoded data from the function and refer the table headers. You can drag the table headers from the data section and drop them into the required steps. Alternatively, copy the pointers for the table headers and paste them directly into the required steps.

9. Once everything is set up, save the test and execute it using execute button.

By following these steps, you can efficiently test the consistency and stability of a feature by repeating the same actions with the different set of data in Alchemy.

Thanks!

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment

© Orasi Software, Inc. | All Rights Reserved.