I would like to push my source code to my GitHub repository. Is this possible in Alchemy? If so, could you please guide me through the process?

Posted 5 days ago by Sanjay

Post a topic
Answered
S
Sanjay

I have multiple tests in my suite, and I would like to push the generated source code to my GitHub repository. Could you please guide me on how to do this in Alchemy?

0 Votes

P

PrasadLangoju posted about 5 hours ago Best Answer

GIT Integration in the Alchemy application enables seamless interaction with Git repositories. Using this feature, users can commit changes, push code to a remote repository, and pull updates. This integration simplifies version control, making it easier to manage code revisions, collaborate with teams, and maintain code consistency within the project.

Steps to push the generated source code in to Git repository: -

1) Log in to your personal Git repository and create a new branch.

2) In Alchemy, create a new suite and test, then record actions within the test.

3) Navigate to the Integration section and add the “GIT” integration.

4) Enter the valid credentials of your Git repository, including the username and access token.
[To generate an access token, go to your Git repository settings, open "Developer Settings," and create a new access token.]

5) Enter the Git repository URL in the relevant field of the Git Integration.

6)  Choose an empty folder to clone the source code into.

7) Save the suite and generate the source code.

8) Once the source is generated, click the “View” button and navigate to the “GIT” tab.

9)  Select the desired branch from the dropdown and click the “Initialize” button.

10) Enter a commit message and click the “Commit” button.

11) Click the “Push” button to push the generated source code to your repository.

12) Refresh your Git repository to view the newly generated source code.

0 Votes

1 Comments

P

PrasadLangoju posted about 5 hours ago Answer

GIT Integration in the Alchemy application enables seamless interaction with Git repositories. Using this feature, users can commit changes, push code to a remote repository, and pull updates. This integration simplifies version control, making it easier to manage code revisions, collaborate with teams, and maintain code consistency within the project.

Steps to push the generated source code in to Git repository: -

1) Log in to your personal Git repository and create a new branch.

2) In Alchemy, create a new suite and test, then record actions within the test.

3) Navigate to the Integration section and add the “GIT” integration.

4) Enter the valid credentials of your Git repository, including the username and access token.
[To generate an access token, go to your Git repository settings, open "Developer Settings," and create a new access token.]

5) Enter the Git repository URL in the relevant field of the Git Integration.

6)  Choose an empty folder to clone the source code into.

7) Save the suite and generate the source code.

8) Once the source is generated, click the “View” button and navigate to the “GIT” tab.

9)  Select the desired branch from the dropdown and click the “Initialize” button.

10) Enter a commit message and click the “Commit” button.

11) Click the “Push” button to push the generated source code to your repository.

12) Refresh your Git repository to view the newly generated source code.

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment

© Orasi Software, Inc. | All Rights Reserved.