I have a pre-recorded test, and I want to add new steps starting from a specific point in the test. In Alchemy, How can I continue recording from any point without overwriting the existing steps?

Posted 1 day ago by Akshay

Post a topic
Answered
A
Akshay

I have got a pre-recorded test in Alchemy, but I missed adding some steps. I want to insert these missing steps at a specific point in the test. How can I continue recording from that spot without affecting the steps I have already recorded? 

0 Votes

T

TheBugScout posted 1 day ago Best Answer

If you have a pre-recorded test and missed adding some steps, and you want to insert these missing steps at a specific point in the test, follow these steps:

1. Open your pre-recorded test and execute it using the execute button.
  2. After execution, switch the browse mode dropdown from "execute" to "record."
  3. In the target test dropdown, select the test where you want to add the new steps (in your case, this will be the pre-recorded test where you want to add the additional steps).
  4. Now, check the "Record after highlighted" checkbox
  5. Now, Go to the test and click on the specific point (step) where you want to record the missing steps.
  6. Now, Click the start button to start recording.
  7. Interact with the desired elements and record the necessary actions.

In this way you can add the missing steps at a specific point in the test. 

Thanks!

0 Votes

1 Comments

T

TheBugScout posted 1 day ago Answer

If you have a pre-recorded test and missed adding some steps, and you want to insert these missing steps at a specific point in the test, follow these steps:

1. Open your pre-recorded test and execute it using the execute button.
  2. After execution, switch the browse mode dropdown from "execute" to "record."
  3. In the target test dropdown, select the test where you want to add the new steps (in your case, this will be the pre-recorded test where you want to add the additional steps).
  4. Now, check the "Record after highlighted" checkbox
  5. Now, Go to the test and click on the specific point (step) where you want to record the missing steps.
  6. Now, Click the start button to start recording.
  7. Interact with the desired elements and record the necessary actions.

In this way you can add the missing steps at a specific point in the test. 

Thanks!

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment

© Orasi Software, Inc. | All Rights Reserved.